Sunday 4 March 2012

My Japanese Lessons

The first week without my mum was pretty tough. I felt pretty lonely and I had nothing to do other than take the dog for a walk, watch TV I couldn't understand, go on the net, do some drawing and go to the nearby shopping mall. May sound like a lot to do but you get bored pretty quickly. And when you're feeling low you don't like feeling do anything!

But everything has seemed to have turned around. I went to this free Japanese class for foreign people. I was bricking myself beforehand because I had to get there on my own (public transport without my mum! The horror!) but I got there in one piece, then I had to explain in my poor Japanese I wanted to attend the lessons. Thank goodness they can understand broken Japanese! Anyway had my first class in level 0 although to be honest, it was a tad easy for me. Only because they were teaching stuff I already knew. But I intended to go to help me start speaking more so I'm happy to have a refresher on subjects. One of the teachers at the end said I might be better off in level 1 but she said I could attend both level 0 and 1 if I wanted.

So on Wednesday, I went to the Level 0 class in the morning, then I went to the Level 1 lesson afterwards and there is a BIG difference! Well the teacher's speaking is much faster, but luckily he was speaking stuff I knew. There were odd occasions where I had no idea what he was saying, but I at least could follow the lesson *phew*.

The only annoying thing about these classes is that I have to pay quite a bit to get here. Once a week is okay but if I want to make it twice a week, its going to cost twice as much and thus eating away at my savings....lets not go into 3 times a week! I've got enough money, but I can't splurge if I wanted to, and I'll have to constantly work out how much I spend to see if it'll last me the year!! If I can get a part time job then that should cover me, but things are not looking bright...=(

My mum is leaving tomorrow! I will miss her, but I got quite used to her not being around so I'm sure I'll be okay...heh..

No comments:

Post a Comment